This week only: Try Clearly EPA/DHA Fish Oil at -10% off!
*Offer applies to SKU: 02311. The offer is valid until 23.02.2020, 23:59 CET and only while stock is available.
Health Benefits at a Glance:
Supplementing with fish oil has a great number of well-documented health benefits. EPA and DHA found in omega 3 fish oil can support heart- and vascular health, promote normal cognitive function, inhibit inflammation, and more. Clearly EPA/DHA contains EPA and DHA from highly concentrated, 5-star rated, and IFOS™ certified fish oil for better impact than many other conventional fish oil supplements.
Why it Works:
EPA and DHA found in Clearly EPA/DHA are two specific types of omega-3 fatty acids which are derived from fish oil. These two unique fatty acids have a great variety of health benefits; they promote heart health, help maintain normal vascular function, support cognitive health, and inhibit inflammatory factors, and more.
Clearly EPA/DHA come in gelatin softgels, derived from fish. They are also smaller than conventional omega-3 capsules.
Finally, the fish oil in Clearly EPA/DHA has a 5-star IFOS™-rating, which signifies that the fish-oil in this product exceeds industry standards for fish oil purity, stability, and quality.
The Science Behind the Product:
The health benefits of fish oils are well documented in countless studies. However, more consumers are worried about if fish oils contain contaminants . Contaminants such as PCBs, dioxins, and toxins can sometimes be found in low-quality fish oils that are not IFOS-certified like all LifeExtension fish oils are.
The International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS) program is directed by Nutrasource Diagnostics Inc., which is a world leader in omega-3 diagnostic testing and omega 3-product analysis . The IFOS program measures omega-3 product quality against global standards set by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) .
The IFOS-rating is made, looking at each of the following four categories :
- Category 1 – which tests the products concentration of omega-3 levels.
- Category 2 – which tests for the count of toxins and pollutants such as mercury, PCBs, dioxins, and furans.
- Category 3 – which tests for oxidation to assess the stability of the product.
- Category 4 – which tests for heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium, nickel, and lead.
A product will only receive the highest IFOS rating (five stars) if it passes the controls in all four categories . Therefore, the IFOS rating scale is a very useful tool for testing the quality of fish-oil, ensure potency and quality, and help guide customers to the best IFOS rating.
How to Use:
- Take four (4) capsule daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Read original source
- LifeExtension Magazine (2015) ”Ask the Doctor – Finding A High-Quality Fish Oil”, link: http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2015/10/Finding-A-High-Quality-Fish-Oil/Page-01, accessed 06-12-17
- LifeExtension Magazine (2005) “Report – Are Fish Oil Supplements Safer Than Eating Fish?”, link: http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2005/10/report_fishoil/Page-02, accessed 06-12-17