Glycine is the simplest and most omnipresent amino acid in your body. It helps in maintaining a healthy function of the central nervous system and promotes relaxation and the normal function of muscles. Glycine also plays an important role in detoxification, by combining with toxic substances and converting them to easy-to-excrete harmless forms.
According to research, this amino acid assists in promoting deeper sleep. While being involved in growth, it has a calming effect on your brain and a positive impact on atten-tion and memory in adults. Glycine is also associated with a strong immune system and regulated oxidative stress.
For optimal benefits, the recommended intake for adults is one (1) to three (3) grams of glycine. Studies suggest that even much higher doses are safe to take. However, most glycine products are only available in 500 mg capsules, making them costly. For that purpose, Life Extension introduced glycine supplements in easy-to-swallow 1000 mg capsules.
Dosage and Use
- Take one (1) to three (3) capsules on an empty stomach at bedtime, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult your medical practitioner first.
- A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Life Extension. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews.