Health Benefits at a Glance:
The natural aging process can lead to a loss of essential nutrients that maintains healthy eyes. MacuGuard® Ocular Support contains three key nutrients (lutein, trans-zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin) that can protect light-absorbing cells, and prevent light damage. Moreover, the compound C3G, which can also be found in this product can help regenerate rhodopsin levels, which supports night vision.
Why it Works:
Nutrients that your eyes need are often hard to come by. Moreover, our bodies can sometimes lose the ability to synthesize these nutrients as we age. MacuGuard® Ocular Support contains lutein, trans-zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin. These three important nutrients can help protect the delicate photoreceptor cells in the retina's macula from light damage.
This innovative formula also contains C3G (cyanidin-3-glucoside) which is a cutting-edge berry flavonoid compound that helps stimulate regeneration of rhodopsin. Rhodopsin is a component in the eyes that absorbs light in the retina and is important for night vision.
The Science Behind the Product:
The density of the macular pigment is vital  to healthy vision [2-4]. However, the density of macular pigment naturally declines with age,  and some people lose the ability to synthesize meso-zeaxanthin from lutein over time. This is the reason why MacuGuard® Ocular Support formula has lutein, trans-zeaxanthin and meso-zeaxanthin, which are difficult to get from the diet alone. Furthermore, new evidence suggests that alpha-carotene helps support the macular pigment .
It was revealed that phospholipids found in MacuGuard Ocular® Support play a role in supporting lutein absorption [7-12] and in improving the circulation and accumulation of lutein within the retina as well [11,12].
Cyanidin-3-glucoside found in MacuGuard® Ocular Support formula stimulates the regeneration of rhodopsin,  a retinal compound which absorbs light. Rhodopsin levels in the eyes declines with natural aging which is linked with the loss of night vision. Therefore, this nutrient helps older eyes see better at night.
How to Use:
- Take one (1) softgel daily, with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Read original source
- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011 Oct 17;52(11):8174-8.
- J Med Invest. 2012;59(1-2):1-11.
- Micron. 2012 Jul;43(7):759-81.
- Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:564738.
- Clin Ophthalmol. 2013; 7: 685–690.
- JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015;133(12):1415-24.
- Nutrients. 2013 April; 5(4): 1169–1185.
- Nutr Res. 2009;29(8):588−95.
- Nutrition. 2011 Sep;27(9):960-6.
- Lipids. 2009 Sep;44(9):799-806.
- Mol Cell Biochem. 2006 Jan;281(1-2):103-10.
- Int J Pharm. 2011 Jun 30;412(1-2):99-105.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2003 Jun 4;51(12):3560-3.