Health Benefits at a Glance:
Use the EPA and DHA in Omega-3 to help satisfy the body’s need for these important fatty acids. EPA and DHA promote cardiovascular and brain health and help inhibit inflammatory factors.
Why it Works:
Your body needs fatty acids to survive and it is able to make all but two of them: linoleic acid (LA), in the omega-6 family, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which is in the omega-3 family. These two fatty acids must be supplied by the diet and therefore they are considered essential fatty acids (EFAs).
Omega-3 oils contain highly beneficial eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are usually lacking in the typical Western diet. In addition, EPA and DHA synthesis from ALA may be insufficient under certain conditions and for most people that consume Western-styled diets. With Omega-3 you can get your daily requirements for these critical fatty acids fulfilled. Omega-3 contains twice as much EPA and DHA as most conventional, commercially available fish oil capsules, which means that you will have a much higher potency of EPA/DHA in this product, compared to other conventional products that also contain EPA and DHA. Furthermore, EPA and DHA can help diminish inflammation.
The Science Behind the Product:
Omega-3 oils contain eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are usually lacking in the typical Western diet.
Studies report that the Mediterranean diet, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids such as that found in olive oil, and antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, and herbs, is linked to increased lifespan [2-10]. Other studies report that omega-3’s is important in cardiovascular health [11-13].
Scientists and doctors report that a proper intake of omega-3 oils is vital to maintaining good health . This statement is based on many animal and people studies which have presented that omega-3 oils improve brain function, reduce inflammatory factors 14].
Studies have shown that EPA and DHA activate peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPARs) which in turn inhibit protein complex known as nuclear factor-kappa b (NF-kb) . NF-kb is the main transcription system that activates inflammation . A proper intake of both EPA and DHA, therefore, supports a healthy inflammatory response. .
How to Use:
- Take two (2) softgels one to three times daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Read original source
- Life Extension 2017 Directory, p. 68
- JAMA. 2004 Sep 22;292(12):1440-6.
- Int J Epidemiol. 1997 Feb;26(1):155-9.
- Br J Nutr. 2012 Aug;108(4):699-709.
- N Engl J Med. 2003 Jun 26;348(26):2599-608.
- Br J Nutr. 2000 Dec;84 Suppl 2:S205-9.
- Clin Interv Aging. 2008;3(1):97-109.
- JAMA. 2004 Sep 22;292(12):1433-9.
- Rejuvenation Res. 2012 Apr;15(2):184-8.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Apr;71(4):987-92.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Jun;87(6):1991S-6S.
- Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2008 Dec;10(6):503-9.
- J Nutr. 2010 May;140(5):1023-8.
- Russell L. Blaylock, 2008. DHA Supports Brain Development and Protects Neurological Function, Life Extension.