Health Benefits at a Glance:
Vitamin K is not just a single vitamin. In fact, there are several different types of vitamin K, which all support different aspects of your health, from arterial health to bone health. Super K Elite delivers an unparalleled variety of vitamin K forms found in nature. Coming in clinically studied doses, the Super K Elite formula is crafted and designed to give you the optimum health benefits that the powerful K vitamins provide.
Why it Works:
As you age, the arteries can become increasingly calcified. Another natural consequence of aging is also that the bones in the body may grow increasingly brittle. Vitamin K, however, offers a natural approach to countering these health issues. The many forms of vitamins known collectively as vitamin K have an impressive ability to both help inhibit calcification of the arteries and support the absorption of calcium into your bones, keeping them strong and healthy [1,2]. That way, K vitamin also supports a healthy calcium balance in your body.
Containing no less than four different kinds of vitamin K in scientifically studied dosages , the Super K Elite formula is Life Extension’s® most potent and elegant vitamin K formula to date.
The Science Behind the Product:
The different K vitamin types in the Super K Elite formula have all been studied scientifically:
K2 Vitamins (MK-4, MK-6, MK-7, MK-9)
Menaquinones are a sub-form of the vitamin K2 family. Mostly derived from high-fat foods [4,5], the vitamin K2 forms known as MK-4, MK-6, MK-7 and MK-9 are known for supporting bone, heart and arterial health .
The sub-forms of the vitamin K2 family are called menaquinones. Primarily derived from high-fat foods [4,5] vitamin K2, which includes the forms MK-4, MK-6, MK-7 and MK-9, supports bone, heart and arterial health .
One eight-year epidemiological study conducted on 16000 women  found that MK-9 promotes cardiovascular health.
Moreover, in a clinical study, MK-4 has also been found to promote arterial health and healthy bone density [9, 10] at a dosage of 1500 mcg - the same amount included in this formula .
MK-7, or trans-MK-7 has also been shown to help maintain bone strength and arterial flexibility [11, 12]. In one double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 181 mcg of trans-MK-7 promoted bone and cardiovascular health [12, 13]. This dosage of MK-7 is exactly the same as is found in the Super K Elite formula.
How to Use:
- Take one (1) softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Curr Nutr Rep. 2017;6(3):197-205.
- Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96(17):e6725.
- Circulation. 2017;135(21):2081-2083.
- Curr Dev Nutr. 2017;1(6):e000638-e000638.
- Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2017;57(18):3959-3970.
- Integr Med (Encinitas). 2015;14(1):34-9.
- Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2009;19(7):504-10.
- Nutr Rev. 2017;75(7):553-578.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;89(6):1799-807.
10. J Bone Miner Metab. 2014;32(2):142-50.
11. Eur J Endocrinol. 2016;175(6):541-549.
12. Thromb Haemost. 2015;113(5):1135-44.
13. Osteoporos Int. 2013;24(9):2499-507.