Glutathione is also known as the body's most important and powerful antioxidant
What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is a multifunctional molecule that is naturally produced by the body, composed of three amino acids: L-glutamic acid, L-cysteine, and glycine. This compound can be found in every single cell in the body.
The Benefits of Glutathione
- It's the body’s master detoxifier and plays a key role in the liver in detoxification
- Glutathione is one of the most important and powerful antioxidants
- It plays a role in healthy immune function
- The molecule serves as the body's main detoxification compound
- It is shown can protect the cells by helping to neutralize free radicals
Higher intakes of glutathione, found abundantly in avocado, have been associated with an ability to help neutralize oxidants and bind with cellular mutagens.
Glutathione levels decrease with age, making the body and the brain more vulnerable to oxidative damage. Maintaining healthy levels of glutathione is therefore important.